My office is particpating in the Congressional Art Competition. The first-place winner will be given the opportunity to display their artwork at the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. for one year.
This competition is open to high school students only.
- Accepted mediums for the two-dimensional artwork are as follows:
- Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Collages: must be two dimensional
- Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-generated art
Applicants can drop off their completed student release form and artwork at one of my three office locations below.
April 26, 2022: Deadline to submit artwork to the district office (point of contact listed below)
April 29, 2022: Students may pick up their artwork
Punta Gorda: 226 Taylor St. #230, Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Venice: 871 Venetia Bay Blvd. #112, Venice, FL 34285
Lake Placid: 1069 US 27 North, Room 116, Lake Placid, FL 33852
For more information, contact Katherine “Katie” Marks at (941) 769-0173 or at Katherine.email@example.com.